New BMW 8 series Gran Coupe officially presented on 19 June 2019 and is preparing to enter the Russian and European markets in September this year after the world premiere at the Frankfurt auto show. In the review of the BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe 2019-2020 – photo and video, price and specifications in Russia, technical specifications, full four door sedan with frameless doors and coupe-shaped silhouette, positioned the company as the BMW “big coupe”.
The launch of its new four door sedan with kupeobrazny silhouette is scheduled in Russia on 15 September 2019 at price from 6.44 million rubles for diesel 340-horsepower version of BMW Gran Coupe 840i and from 6.58 million rubles for full drive BMW 840i xDrive Gran Coupe with the same engine, from 8.33 million rubles petrol 530-horsepower BMW M850i xDrive Gran Coupe with all-wheel drive. The cost of diesel BMW 840d xDrive Gran Coupe with a 320-horsepower turbo diesel engine and full drive transmission will be from 6.58 million rubles.
Four door new product enters the market after the dvuhdverok BMW 8-Series Coupe, the BMW 8-Series Convertible and the charged versions of the BMW M8. In the model range of the Bavarian manufacturer, the new BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe has replaced the model of the BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe.
New four door saloon BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe with frameless doors and a dome-shaped roof line looks more harmonious and stylish than the two door version of the coupe BMW 8-Series. While the Gran Coupe is significantly and in all directions larger than a standard 8-Series Coupe with two doors.
- External body dimensions BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe 2019-2020 amount to 5081 mm in length, 1932 mm width, 1407 mm in height, with a wheelbase 3023 mm and 128 mm of ground clearance.
- The standard installation of 18-inch wheels (alloy wheels with different size tires on front and rear axle, respectively, 245/45 R18 front and 275/40 R18 rear) front track – 1627 mm rear track – 1671 mm.
- As options are available and larger 19-20 inch wheels with tires 245/40 R19 and 275/35 R19 or 245/35 R20 and 275/30 R20.
Cityradio Gran Coupe more two door BMW 8-Series Coupe as much as 231 mm in length, 30 mm in width and 61 mm in height, the distance between the axes more at 201 mm and the rear track widened by 27 mm.
The bodyshell of the new four door sedan BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe, despite solid large dimensions, and only 70 kg heavier than the body of the original two door coupe 8-series, thanks to the wide use of lightweight, but strong materials. Aluminum made the engine cradle and the front wall of the engine compartment, hood, doors and roof. Amplifier cross bar mounted under the front panel of the magnesium alloy. As an option the roof is of glass or carbon fiber. By the way, the same set of high-tech materials is present in the body structure of the two doors.
The Bavarian company claims for the salon Gran Coupe with the landing formula 4+1. That is, by default, the four local salon. Two chairs in the front row and a rear sofa with two full seats, seat belts and head restraints. And for the third passenger in the rear seats provided, to put it mildly, palometa (feet prevents the superstructure over the Central tunnel, the headrest is missing, well at least the seat belt provided). So it is appropriate to consider the interior of the new large Bavarian coupe a four seater.
Stretched to 201 mm wheelbase four door sedan allowed to separate rear-seat passengers of “the big coupe” additional 180 mm for the legs, which significantly increased the comfort level compared to the two-door version. Luggage compartment BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe is also more spacious and allows the calculation of the useful volume of 440 liters. If necessary, carry more cargo, you can fold split 40:20:40 backrest of the rear seats. The trunk lid is already in the base equipped with electric drive.
The list of standard equipment 12.3-inch virtual display of the instrument panel of the Cockpit of the BMW Live, Professional, modern multimedia system with a 10.25-inch screen (the operating system of the BMW Operating System 7.0, 20 GB of memory, 2 USB ports, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, adaptive Navigator), three zone automatic climate control, a platform for wireless charging of smartphones, the driver’s seat and front passenger electric adjustment, heated and ventilated all seats, trim leather Vernasca, acoustic Hi-Fi system with 9 speakers.
Optionally available four-zone climate control, head-up display, multicontour front seats with massage function, a premium audio system Harman Kardon Surround Sound system or Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound, blinds with electric drive in the rear.
Technical characteristics of BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe 2019-2020
In the technique differences between the two-door versions of the BMW 8-Series Coupe and four-door versions of the BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe no. Great Bavarian coupe 8-series is offered with two petrol turbo engines and one turbo diesel.
- Diesel BMW 840d xDrive Gran Coupe is equipped with six-cylinder 3.0-liter turbo diesel (320 HP 680 Nm) in company 8 ACPI all-wheel drive. Dynamics of acceleration from 0 to 100 kmh in 5.1 seconds, top speed 250 km / h, fuel consumption in the combined driving mode 6.2 and 6.3 liters.
- BMW 840i Gran Coupe and the BMW 840i xDrive Gran Coupe is equipped with 3.0-litre petrol six-cylinder turbo engine (340 HP and 500 Nm) paired with 8 automatic transmission, rear wheel drive. Dynamics of acceleration from 0 to 100 kmh in 5.2 seconds in rear-wheel drive version and 4.9 h, four-wheel drive versions, the maximum speed is limited by electronics on a boundary of 250 km / h, average fuel consumption of 7.4-7.5 liters BMW 840i Gran Coupe and 7.7 and 7.8 liter BMW 840i xDrive Gran Coupe.
- BMW M850i xDrive Gran Coupe is hiding under the hood 4.4 V8 TwinPower Turbo (530 HP 750 Nm). Transmission automatic 8-speed Steptronic, xDrive all-wheel drive, complemented by an electronically locking rear differential, M Sport (for the other versions, except for the RWD BMW 840i Gran Coupe, is offered as an option). The dynamics of dispersal to the first hundred in 3.9 seconds, top speed is limited by the e-collar at around 250 kmh, fuel consumption, according to the manufacturer, 9,9-10,0 liters.
It only remains to add that the adaptive dampers are installed by default on all models large 4-door Bavarian coupe, and for extra charge available active stabilizer bars polnopravnym chassis.